Wednesday 4 May 2016

L'Oreal Gentle Make-up Remover for Eyes

L'Oreal Gentle Make-up Remover for Eyes.

The Claims


"Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover combines make-up removal with softness. Its refreshing and gentle formula is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers."

The Ingredients


Water, Hexylene Glycol, Allantoin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth-8 Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Geraniol, Citronellol, Fragrance

The Immediate Concerns


In a sea of blue one solitary green ingredient stands alone, fortunately it is a really good ingredient and quite high up the list so there in higher concentrations. However, there in the list is an ingredient that I'm growing to really dislike, Phenoxyethanol, I've covered it before when it's shown up in products like Liz Earle's Eyebright, Strivectin's Illuminating Serum and Indeed Lab's Fillume Moisturiser amongst others and each time I see it I get a little disappointed that these great brands are using an ingredient which could cause the shut down of the central nervous system, vomiting and contact dermatitis.


How Did It Fair?


I wear very little in the way of eye make-up, mascara and a touch of concealer around the edges of my eyes and I find that it doesn't fully remove my mascara with ease. I refuse to scrub at my eyes with anything so find I have to go in and tug at my eyelashes with a wetted cotton pad to 'pull' the mascara off, not great if you have sparse eyelashes or slow growing eyelashes. 

Besides that, if it gets into your eyes it stings, not the worst sting I've ever felt but enough for it to be irritating, I've also felt that my eyes themselves are feeling drier than ever before these days, so I don't think this is the best remover for actual sensitive eyes regardless of its claims.

My Conclusion


Even though it's fairly cheap, (currently on offer at £1.82 at Boots) I don't think I will buy this again, not only am I unimpressed by the ingredients I just don't feel like it does what it says it says it should do.

Next time on the blog

Bravura London Lactic Acid
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yeah I totally agree with you. I was expecting better results on eye makeup removing from this product but I was completely unimpressed in the end.

    Blog :cosmetologylover.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig