Saturday 14 May 2016

MOA (Magic Organic Apothecary) The Green Balm

a picture of MOA The Green Balm

Magic Organic Apothecary - The Green Balm


Before I ordered a 'make your own' box from Latest in Beauty I had never heard of MOA or Magic Organic Apothecary, or even their best seller, the green balm so of course I did a little reading, and here is what I found;

"MOA create natural skin care products, made in England, inspired by old herbal folklore and with a sprinkling of magic!
Our hero herb yarrow (Achillea Millefolium), is shrouded by tales of folklore and can be found beside hedgerows all across the UK.
The miraculous powers of this humble herb have been used for centuries to heal and repair.
MOA’s original ‘miracle’, multi-purpose product, The Green Balm, continues this age-old tradition of using yarrow as a healing herb and it can be used for all manner of ailments, read more about its weird and wonderful uses here...
MOA are creating more miracle potions, in keeping with our green and natural approach to living life. Sometimes keeping it simple is just better..."

They are a cruelty free brand who have so far won several awards for their products, so they sound like a really amazing brand.

The Green Balm contains many oils that are renowned to be good for you, such as coconut, soy, sweet almond, sunflower, and tea tree oils along with beeswax and yarrow extract. What is doesn't contain is any parabens, alcohol, fragrances or chemicals known to be bad for the skin.

It is also vegetarian and as mentioned before, cruelty free, which is a big deal for many people these days. Obviously the inclusion of beeswax means it's not vegan, but it's still many times better than other products on the market.

When I first used this balm I thought I wasn't going to like it as much as I do, mostly because there is no fragrance so you can smell the natural ingredients and they, while not unpleasant, are unique, and I applied it at bedtime. Since then though not only do I adore this balm, but I love the smell of it, it just lets me known that there are no nasties in it and gives me a happy, comforting feel.

If I could get enough of this balm at once I'd happily wallow in a bath full, it is so nourishing and moisturising, it sinks in quickly and doesn't feel oily. I slather it all over my lips to condition them and my hands to repair them and it is wonderful.

The only downer I've discovered regarding this balm is that it's not green and I have trouble spelling 'apothecary'. haha

I had the 15ml tub which is £4.99, and the 50ml tub is £12.50 from MOA's website.

Worth it I'd say.

Next time on the blog

Dr Organic Royal Jelly Eye Serum
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hey everyone :) I've just started a new blog called The Kara Style and have just posted my first ever post on a Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit! Please go and check it out, thank you! :) x http://sedakaraman.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig