Tuesday 14 June 2016

Cow Brand Mutenka Makeup Cleansing Oil

For years I've been a huge fan of hot cloth cleansers like Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish or Bee Good's Honey & Propolis Cream Cleanser so it never really occurred to me to use a cleansing oil even though I've read plenty about them being used to double cleanse, added to that the fact I wear little makeup always made me feel like I didn't need to double cleanse as the cream cleansers always took off what I wore fully.

So this has been sitting to one side for a while now, sealed and unloved, until in a desire to use up what I have, I unsealed it and started to use it.

The product;

Cow Brand Mutenka Makeup Cleansing Oil


a picture of Mutenka Cow Brand Makeup Cleansing Oil

This is a Japanese cleansing oil which is so easy to use, simply rub into your skin to melt away makeup without leaving any residue behind, goes on as an oil and washes off as a milky emulsion.

There is no mineral oil in the product although it does contain natural palm oil, which many dislike due to environmental issues that arrive from growing and harvesting it. It also contains olive squalene which is effective at penetrating the upper layer of the skin enabling makeup and dirt to be lifted away easily.

It also contains no colorant, no fragrance, no parabens (as preservative) and no stabilisers, however just because there is no added fragrance doesn't mean the product doesn't have a scent, it just smells of its ingredients. In this case I'd describe it as smelling like a mild, soapy, bubble blowing mixture, not altogether the best scent but it doesn't hang around after being washed off so of little consequence.

As a cleansing oil I think it's fantastic, two pumps of oil then massaged all over my face is enough to get rid of every last trace of makeup and it rinses off quickly and cleanly. I can't say how it works on eye makeup as I always, always use a separate cleanser for my eyes, but for the rest of my face it works wonderfully.

You can find it at Amazon for £7.40. Bargain

Ingredients


Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Peg-20 Glyceryl Tri-isostearate, Tri-ethylhexanoin, Water, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Peg-12 Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Ceramide NS, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Isostearic Acid, Glycerin

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. For a second I thought this would be something similar to the horse oil creams that are popular in Korea. Anyway, I'm a big fan of double cleansing, too. Although I've yet to find a product that works really well for me.

    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read each and every one!

However if you need a more direct answer or have a question, do feel free to contact me via Twitter @RedsBeautyBlog or drop me an email at elizabethredblog@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Mrs Red's Beauty Blog | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig